KOOKIE (as in smart KOOKIE) is an inspiring new print magazine for girls aged 8 to 12+.
In a world that often says there’s only one way to be a girl (think pink), KOOKIE strives to provide a genuine alternative – one that offers girls a rounded and optimistic sense of who they are and what they could become. There are interviews with remarkable women and girls from around the world, profiles of pioneering women in history, original fiction and comics, plus lively content on science and nature, art and activism, sports and technology, as well as craft, debate, puzzles, pets and more. KOOKIE is surprising, informative, inclusive and most of all… fun!
Our 52-page magazine is 100% ad-free and comes out four times a year (March, June, September, December). Take a look at a few pages from the latest issue…
- KOOKIE readers Maya and Molly interview JESSICA WATSON, intrepid sailor, author and the youngest person to sail solo, nonstop around the world
- MEERA’S ART LESSON, a short story about creative courage by Caitlin Smith, illustrated by Sandra Eterovic
- SINK OR SWIM, a comic about friendship and finding your groove by Sarah Millman
- HERO OF HISTORY, an illustrated story about Jeanne Baret, the C18th French botanist who disguised herself as a man to explore the world, by Madeleine Karutz
- CHANGING ROOMS, easy tips for the best bedroom makeover
- MAKE IT, a no-sweat, no-sew, super-easy tote bag
- GROAN, readers share their most embarrassing moments
- GIVE IT A GO, how to get started with geocaching
- DEBATE, should you have to work for your pocket money?
- CHANGE IT, kids consider the issue of fast fashion
- ASK CATHY problem page
- PET PALS + COLOURING PAGE + QUIZ + PUZZLES + much more!
Hear what the KOOKIE community has to say about the magazine!
Want to know more? Check out our frequently asked questions.
KOOKIE is created by Viv and Nicky. You can read about them here.