KOOKIE is an inspiring new print magazine for girls aged 8 to 12.
In a world that too often says there’s only one way to be a girl (think pink), KOOKIE stands apart. It’s packed with stories that build a girl’s confidence and expand her horizons. There are interviews with remarkable women and girls from around the world, profiles of pioneering women in history, original fiction and comics, plus lively content on science and nature, art and activism, sports and technology, as well as craft, debate, puzzles, pets and more. KOOKIE is surprising, informative, inclusive and most of all… fun!
Don’t just take our word for it. Hear what the KOOKIE community has to say!
Inside issue 1
- An exclusive interview with ballet legend Darcey Bussell
- More interviews by roving reader–reporters with super STEMette Anne-Marie Imafidon (UK edition) and research scientist Zoe-Joy Newby (Australian edition)
- ECHO, a comic about finding your voice by Rachael Smith
- Short story by children’s playwright Sue Murray, illustrated by Angela Ho
- Debate – should mobile phones be allowed in school?
- Heroes of history – meet Amy Johnson, the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia
- Change it! – how to fix the problem of plastic in the ocean
- Rad girls – meet the KOOKIE girls who are making a noise in the world of music
- Sleepover special – we’ve got all the secrets on how to host an awesome sleepover (plus snacks)
- Give it a go – the lowdown on BMX biking with champs Saya Sakakibara (Australian edition) and Bethany Shriever (UK edition)
- Groan! – readers share their most embarrassing moments!
- Ask Cathy – got a problem? Cathy can help
- Pet pals – featuring our favourite furry and feathered friends
- Make it! – weave a gorgeous wall hanging
- Colouring page by Jennie Maizels
- Quick quiz: what do your doodles say about you?
- Pull-out-and-keep poster by illustrator Lesley Vamos
- And lots more!
The magazine is proudly ad free and comes out four times a year. Want to know more? Check out our frequently asked questions.
KOOKIE is the creation of Viv and Nicky. You can read about them here.